We want to hear from you
Should we review this box?
- $180 Yearly
- Ships to US
- Founded in 2015
- 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- $90 per class without membership
What We Love About MasterClass
- Every class has been designed to be accessible for all levels, from people with little or no experience to those with advanced skills.
- New online classes with new instructors are launched regularly so you can keep learning new skills and exploring new passions.
- You can browse MasterClass Live recordings of previous live sessions.
- Making raspberry soufflé with Gordon Ramsay, working with light with Annie Leibovitz, and dealing with writer's block with Neil Gaiman is just the tip of the iceberg.
- Classes by greats like Sara Blakely, Anna Wintour, David Sedaris, Robin Roberts, Ron Howard, and Dan Brown are appeal to many different interests and genres
- You can access MasterClass online via smartphone, tablet, or computer, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Roku streaming media player.
What MasterClass Members Should Know
- MasterClass is billed as $180 annually upon signup, with refunds within the first 30 days only. Month-to-month membership is no longer available.
- Individual classes cost $90 each if you don’t want to sign up for an annual membership, or wish to gift a class to a loved one.
- Classes are pre-recorded, so there is no live real-time streaming or interactive Q&A within the seminar.
- Each MasterClass is a single course covering a topical area, and not designed to be an ongoing semester course.
We’d Recommend MasterClass If
- You’d like to learn from today’s most brilliant minds to hone your skills, learn something new, be inspired, and attain your goals.
- Binge watching 100+ expert online courses, hours of prerecorded video classes (step aside, Netflix), workbook lessons, and a vibrant student community is appealing to you.
- Learning through immersive video classes at your own pace works for you.
Who are the MasterClass instructors?
There are currently 100+ expert instructors, and the MasterClass community grows with new instructors and classes each month. The classes cover categories like design and style, entertainment, comedy, music production, business, sports, writing, science and tech, home and lifestyle, and cooking. Just a small sampling of the impressive instructors includes James Patterson, Ron Finley, Misty Copeland, Stephen Curry, Neil Gaiman, Steve Martin, Aaron Sorkin, Annie Leibovitz, Questlove, Christina Aguilera, deadmau5, Garry Kasparov, Judd Apatow, Natalie Portman, Thomas Keller, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Helen Mirren, and Shonda Rhimes. See the full list of MasterClass instructors.
What does a MasterClass membership include?
Membership includes unlimited access to an amazing catalog of 100+ classes taught by the world’s best on cooking, leadership, photography, writing, fashion, filmmaking, dance, interior design, and more. Each class includes about 20 video lessons averaging about 12 minutes long, plus an in-depth PDF workbook with assignments. Students can submit their assignments to the MasterClass student community for critique and feedback. Periodically, students may have opportunities to submit work to instructors for critique. You also get access to smartphone and TV MasterClass apps, the member’s newsletter, and the community of MasterClass students from around the world.
How do I get started with MasterClass?
When you sign up, MasterClass asks you a few questions to determine if it’s a fit for you—including your interests, how and when you like to learn, and what devices you like to learn on. MasterClass will then suggest great classes for you. You can browse classes by category, and watch trailers to get a flavor for what you’ll like.
How much does MasterClass cost?
MasterClass costs $15 per month, and you’re billed $180 for an annual subscription upon signup. You get an all-access pass to watch and listen to the catalog of 100+ classes across many categories. If you don’t want to purchase the annual subscription, individual classes cost $90 each. The annual membership option is a better choice if you’re planning on taking more than one online learning class.
Is MasterClass worth it?
If you plan to take several MasterClass courses, the $180 annual fee is worth it compared to the $90 price for single classes. Considering the high caliber of instructors and overall exceptional quality of the lessons and production, the annual membership is a value.
If I don’t like MasterClass, can I get a refund?
MasterClass offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If MasterClass isn’t for you, you can email them within 30 days of your subscription purchase for a full refund.
Is MasterClass easy to cancel?
If you don’t want to continue MasterClass, you can cancel your annual membership renewal through your Account page. Follow the prompts to cancel on the Settings page, and your membership will not renew. There are no refunds for partially unused membership periods.
How long is a typical class?
A single class is usually broken up into about 20 lessons. On average, the videos for the lessons are about 12 minutes each. Classes also include a downloadable PDF workbook with assignments and a suggested workflow, but students can move through it at their own pace.
Where can you watch MasterClass?
With MasterClass classes, you can learn anywhere, anytime on your smartphone, tablet, or computer, plus Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Roku streaming media players. Traveling? Lessons can be downloaded using the MasterClass mobile app for iOS for offline viewing, or listened to in audio-only mode during your commute.
Who We Are
MSA has been your top resource for subscription box reviews since 2012, and we like to think of ourselves as your well-researched and trusted friend. Our team has unboxed tens of thousands of boxes, shared their experience honestly, and joined our community in conversations about each. We wouldn't be who we are without our readers, who contribute their own first-hand experience on the thousands of subscriptions we've reviewed. Learn more.