Spoiler Alert! BoxyCharm October 2019 Spoiler Update!
BOXYCHARM sends out established, indie and up and coming beauty brands. Every month they send you 4-5 full-size beauty items that will include nail care, skin care, makeup, haircare, fragrance and more.
- BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription service that sends 4-5 full-size beauty products to your door for $21 a month. BoxyCharm boxes are valued at over $100 per box and include free shipping for U.S. subscribers. Unlike other subscription services that offer mini or deluxe samples, BoxyCharm offers 4-5 full-size products every month from a variety of established and indie makeup brands.
What is Boxycharm and how does it work?
- With a promised retail value of $100 plus per $21 monthly box, you'll typically get a great value from this subscription, even if you don't love every single item in your box. We've unboxed and reviewed over 80 individual monthly boxes from Boxycharm since 2013– read our detailed reviews above to see what's inside past boxes, and read comments from other subscribers. You can also read our overview of what we received in 6 months of Boxycharm to see exactly how many eyeshadow palettes and makeup tools we received over half a year! (We found the average retail value was $135/month over the 6 months we analyzed.)
Is Boxycharm worth it?
- Boxycharm includes 4-5 full size beauty products including makeup, skincare, beauty tools, and color cosmetics. Each box is valued at over $100 and cost $21 a month. Each monthly Boxycharm box is hand selected by Boxycharm's team of beauty experts. Learn more about what's in an Boxycharm box here or in the reviews above.
What's in a Boxycharm box?
- A month-to-month subscription costs $21 a month. You can get a discount if you pay in advance: get Boxycharm for as low as $19.25 per month by prepaying $231 for an annual subscription. Learn more about BoxyCharm billing here.
How much does Boxycharm cost?
- According to their FAQ, for new subscribers, BoxyCharm boxes within the US typically ship 5-10 business days from successful billing. For existing subscribers, each monthly box is shipped within 5-10 days of the first of the month. (Canadian customers and non-continental US residents may experience longer shipping times.)
When does Boxycharm ship?
- You can easily cancel your subscription online at any time in your Boxycharm account– no chatting or calling customer service required. (Keep in mind that if you cancel and want to sign up again in the future, you may end up on the waistlist before your subscription is active again.)
How do I cancel my Boxycharm subscription?
- Boxycharm ($21/month) is more expensive than its most popular competitor, Ipsy ($10/month)– but for twice the price, Boxycharm gives you more full-sized products and beauty tools, so you do truly get more value for your money. Get the full breakdown on how Boxycharm compares to Ipsy (including how both of their loyalty programs work).
How does Boxycharm compare to other beauty subscription boxes?
- BoxyLuxe is a quarterly $28.99 upgrade option for existing BoxyCharm subscribers; you must have a regular BoxyCharm subscription to receive it! It ships four times a year: in March, June, September, and December. That means that in each of those four months, you're charged a total of $49.99 ($28.99 for BoxyLuxe and $21 for BoxyCharm) to receive the upgraded experience. Each BoxyLuxe box includes 9-10 full sized beauty products worth over $250.
What is BoxyLuxe?
- Read our list of the Best Monthly Makeup + Beauty Monthly Subscription Boxes for more ideas.
Which subscription boxes are similar to Boxycharm?