Check out our June 2016 review of the Bloomin Bin subscription box! Read more...
More Staff Reviews of Bloomin Bin
- $10 per month
- Ships to US
I have subscribed for years now. Great seeds for my area, sent with growing instructions. I have not experienced any problems with the products or customer service.
This is one of the best boxes ever! I'll never cancel! Thank you Stephanie!!
Do not let one "Jane Doe" turn you away from what has been an amazing experience for me this far. To say that I've had a *completely* different experience for the 6+ months would be a vast understatement.
I can't count on one hand how many reviews I have left in my life, but the overall quality and care put into the boxes offered by Stephanie at Bloomin' Bin is truly extraordinary.
I began my premium "just seeds" subscription in March 2020 as a surprise gift for my father, a man who has spent his entire life gardening and landscaping. Without fail, every seed variety received has been of the highest quality. Not only are the seeds of the highest quality, but it's clear that a great deal of thought and care goes into the selection offered in each month's box. In case the quality of the goods themselves weren't enough, I have never received such great quality service from a small business owner: Stephanie maintains regular contact with her customers by updating us with next month's selections, specials, and even warning us of potential shipping delays due to circumstances out of her control/Covid-19 (which I have not experienced).
I recently renewed my subscription and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. The amount of joy and beauty these boxes have offered my family has been worth a great deal more than the subscription price.
Bottom line: high-quality seeds, a great monthly assortment, a fair price, and a small business owner who takes pride in what she does -- What more could you possibly ask for?
To directly address the review metrics:
(1) Shipping: each box has been carefully packaged and damage-free (my dad even saves the stickers)
(2) Customer Service: Stephanie has maintained constant contact and timely updates without crossing the line into "spam emails" and pointless promotional materials
(3) Retail Value: the "Just Seeds" premium subscription offers unparalleled value for your money -- I did my research before selecting which subscription box to try and couldn't be happier with the price and quality (more on that below)
(4) Quality: for the past 7 months, there has not been a single "dud" seed variety (either from the vegetable or flower varieties). The consistency and speed at which these seeds have grown it truly remarkable. It has my Dad and I wondering were on Earth Stephanie finds these seeds -- My dad is convinced they must come from a university based on the quality/consistency.
(5) Curation: one of the best aspects of this subscription service is the thought and care that go into the seed selections each month. My dad has enjoyed growing flowers/vegetables he never would have tried before.
(6) Ease of Canceling: I've not tried to cancel yet, so I am basing my review on the renewal process instead. The renewal process was completely transparent. Unlike other automatic renewals, I received *multiple* email reminders leading up to the renewal and the day of telling me to reach out at anytime to cancel or amend my subscription.
Terrible products, terrible customer service. I emailed Stephanie as I was unhappy with the seeds I was sent and she cancelled my subscription and kept about $100 of my money!
Who We Are
MSA has been your top resource for subscription box reviews since 2012, and we like to think of ourselves as your well-researched and trusted friend. Our team has unboxed tens of thousands of boxes, shared their experience honestly, and joined our community in conversations about each. We wouldn't be who we are without our readers, who contribute their own first-hand experience on the thousands of subscriptions we've reviewed. Learn more.